UNGA Conference 2020
23 September 2020 | New York
PIONEERS IN SDGs AWARDS
CALL FOR PROJECTS
Pioneers in SDGs Awards pay tribute to outstanding individuals and organizations who contributed to sustainable peace and development while promoting and protecting the culture of peace, diversity, inclusive society, human rights, women and youth empowerment at the local, national, and global levels. The Journalists and Writers Foundation and its Global Partners recognize Pioneers in SDGs that help achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by implementing innovative and creative projects benefiting their societies. The altruism, philanthropy, dedication, and commitment of the Pioneers in SDGs are worthwhile in making our world a better place for all.
All stakeholders including governments, the private sector, and civil society should put their efforts in the development, implementation, and evaluation of sustainable development goals. The UNGA Conference encourages different stakeholders in achieving sustainable development goals with tangible results. Facilitating partnerships and sharing best practices in the implementation of the SDGs are expected outcomes of the UNGA Conference 2020. Therefore, we call on the civil society organizations to submit their projects and initiatives that contributed to the implementation of the SDGs with tangible results.
- The Pioneers in SDGs Awards will be presented during the UNGA Conference on September 23, 2020 on a virtual platform.
- Applicants must submit a 3-minutes video clip (in English) introducing their project (mission, goals, objectives, and outcomes) addressing four criteria: innovation, stakeholders, scope, and impact.
- One of the representatives of the organization will be given 3-5 minutes time to share their project with our global audience for greater visibility and partnerships.
- You will be given an opportunity to share your initiative/project (Banners, fliers, brochures, reports etc.)
- Pioneers in SDGs Awards will be presented to the winners in recognition of their contribution to the SDGs.
- 1st Place: 1,000 USD + Recognition Award
- 2nd Place: 750 USD + Recognition Award
- 3rd Place: 500 USD + Recognition Award
SUBMIT YOUR INITIATIVE/PROJECT
- Complete the questions below and send your 3-minute video clip to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2020.
- The video clip and the concept note of the initiative/project must be in English.
- You can visit https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org to learn more about the SDGs with 17 goals and 169 targets.
Projects should address one or more of the Sustainable Development Goal(s)
Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
Goal 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
Goal 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries
Goal 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
Goal 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development