UNGA CONFERENCE 2021
UNGA CONFERENCE 2021: TRANSFORMING OUR WORLD
On the occasion of the 76th Session of the UN General Assembly 22 September 2021, Wednesday | 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM (EST)
On the occasion of the 76th Session of the UN General Assembly, the Journalists and Writers Foundation (JWF) is organizing the virtual UNGA Conference 2021: Transforming Our World on 22 September 2021, Wednesday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST).
The UNGA Conference is the flagship event of the JWF, creating a platform for diverse stakeholders to discuss the Global Agenda 2030, offer innovative solutions, strategies, and policy recommendations to advance further the culture of peace, human rights, and sustainable development. Every year, this global event gathers an interdisciplinary group of distinguished panelists and high-level speakers to discuss a particular agenda around the three subsequent panel sessions and propose a framework for action.
The successful implementation of SDG #17: Partnerships for the Goals remains at the center of the UNGA Conference 2021 as the SDGs can only be implemented with strong global partnerships and cooperation. The SDG 17 is focused on the UN rallying together strong partnerships in achieving all the Global Goals. The JWF has contributed to this particular goal by mobilizing its Global Partners in sharing best practices and initiating people-centered policy suggestions on the achievement of the UN Development Agenda 2030.
The action-oriented 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development has encouraged all stakeholders, including UN Agencies, Member States, the private sector, civil society actors, and experts to bridge the gap between policy and knowledge while creating interlinkages between them the goals and accelerate the implementation progress of the SDGs. This year, 2021, still represents the critical turning point for our global community which has been combatting the COVID-19 Pandemic. The challenges posed by his global health crisis enabled our international community to redefine economic and social development while following new trends of methodologies and policy implementations.
Following a diligent consideration of policy outcomes from relevant sessions of UN Women, ECOSOC, UN DESA, and the Commission for Social Development, the UNGA Conference 2021 will address (1) Progress of SDG 17: Partnerships for the SDGs (2) Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability (3) Quality Education in the Post-Covid Era and Digital Technologies
PANEL 1 - Progress of SDG 17: Partnership for the SDGs
PANEL 2 - Climate Change and Ecological Threats
PANEL 3 - Quality Education in the Post-Covid Era and Digital Technologies
The Panel Session 1 of the UNGA Conference will address:
- Overview of SDG17: Importance and Current Challenges of Multi-stakeholder Partnership for the Goals
- Socially Responsible Corporations` Role in Implementing the Global Agenda 2030
- Capacity Building for the Socio-Economic Development
- Best Practices: Contributions of the CSOs Initiatives in Achieving the SDGs
The Panel Session 2 of the UNGA Conference will address:
- Climate Change and Gender Equality
- United States` Re-Commitment to Paris Climate Agreement
- Climate Crisis Calling for a Global Response
- Enforced Migration as a Consequence of Ecological Threats
The Panel Session 3 of the UNGA Conference will address:
- Long Term Implications of an Unequal Access to Education During COVID-19
- Remote Learning: Opportunities and Challenges
- Overview of Global Access to the Digital Technologies, Resources, and Disparities
- Girls` Education and Women’s Empowerment in the Era of Digital Technologies